Wednesday, December 10, 2008

BERRY-BERRY MORE...

The fro-yo wave hasn't reached a lull just yet. I was driving along Western the other night, and drove past an IceBerry. Nope, not a Pinkberry, or a "whatever-else-berry"-named fro-yo establishment is out there. This one was definitely called "IceBerry."

As usual, I did my research. Come to find out this one's based out of Reston, VA. Shocker, huh? Who knew that NoVA would be the home to a Pinkberry-esque enterprise? It works, I guess. Fairfax County (VA) is, in some ways, an East Coast equivalent to Orange County (CA), though absolutely not completely. So why not? With three locations in NoVA, they've branched out to West Palm Beach, FL, and - as I've mentioned - Los Angeles. And they've got one in the works for DC.

I have yet to visit an IceBerry, but I can surely give them an "A" for effort. Jumping on the fro-yo bandwagon is not easy, especially with all the Pinkberrys and Red Mangos popping up everywhere. And the fact that Starbucks bought out PB can only mean a sudden surge in growth. Let's just hope that PB doesn't crop up everywhere all of a sudden like cockroaches.

Welcome, IceBerry, Inc. And Godspeed...!

No comments: