Friday, May 2, 2008

IRONMAN

Me and the fellas from work (JB, TK, and TJ - ahaha... sounds like boy band members or something, huh?!) peaced-out at 4pm - on the dot - this afternoon. We caught the 4:40pm showing of Ironman at Century City. I am, by no means, a follower of the Ironman story/franchise. When it comes to super heroes, I'm all about the ones with the super crazy powers --- like the Fantastic Four characters (although the movies for that franchise sucked ass). I went into this movie with no expectations. Thankfully, it turned out to be great. No annoying-ish characters portrayed by the likes of Kirsten Dunst, or some poor story-line a la the Incredible Hulk (sorry, Eric Bana...). And there wasn't the cheesiness factor of Fantastic Four, nor the "what the f---" lacklusterness of Elektra. Ironman had a simply-done, straight-to-the-point storyline, befitting of its PG-13 rating.

Robert Downey, Jr. was a very good Tony Stark/Ironman. I had my doubts about this guy when I first heard he got the lead role. But then again, it wasn't as bad as Nick Cage being cast as Constantine. RDJ delivered. (Rehab is a pay-off!) Jeff Bridges was villanous as usual as the very-wily Obidiah Stone. (Jeff Bridges bugs me, though. What a creepy-ass.) It was good to see Gwyneth Paltrow back on-screen, and I was super-excited that Leslie Bibb snagged the role of reporter Christine Everhart. (I'm just a huge "Popular" fan.)


I think the rum (which Justin stealthily kept in his backpack) in my diet coke helped a lot. Ha.

Watch the movie, if you haven't already...
---

Um... Celeb (eh, sorta) sighting at Century City: Jose Canseco. Yes. Mr. Baseball. What can I say about the guy (uh, I tried to sneak a pic thru the cellie, but stopped myself)? Well, for starters, dude is SUPER tall. I'm talking TREE-tall. Couldn't really pay too much attention, but I do remember thinking his legs were super-skinny. Yes, for a huge dude, he's got some skinny-ass chicken legs.
---

Alcohol is wearing off. Time for my date with the elliptical. "What a sad Friday night," you must be thinking. Fuck you. I'm over it. (Oh, and I got paid today, and then paid bills... ahahaah.) But I'm not over the fat, so I've gotta handle that. Ha. Living in L.A. has reduced me to a fat-fearing numbskull.

No comments: