Thursday, May 15, 2008

FOOD COMA

Being that my blog is supposed to have a specific concentration on "food," I have to make special mention about the lunch I had today with my co-workers. Too bad this post will be super boring since I didn't have my camera or phone to take snapshots of the culinary yum-ness that was our lunch. Anyway. I am in a food coma right now, and I'm crashing hard and fast. My co-workers and I decided to go to lunch at Panini Cafe here in Bev Hills. It's a little spot on a corner of Little Santa Monica, just a road or two west of Rodeo. I had never been before, but one of my co-workers has taken this place under her wing... calling it a sure-bet regular spot in her lunch scene. Sure enough, the food and spot lived to its expectations.

We got to the cafe just before the place started to fill-up. The tables outdoors were pretty much packed, and there were only a few choice tables left in the dining area and bar. Luckily, we were seated right away, and the road to food coma suddenly got shorter. Everyone ordered something amazing: chicken or turkey paninis, an open-faced panini sandwich/salad, and a falafel wrap... with sides of freshly cut fruit, an amazing couscous salad, and/or field greens. I have been having a hard time finding a decent Mediterranean restaurant in the L.A. area, but that search has finally come to an end. I can't even begin to explain how yum the food was, but that is more so because I want to pass out right now.

So whatever. Just know - you should definitely hit up this place if you're looking for a yum, easy, and nicely-prepped meal. Who needs The Farm of Beverly Hills when you can get food that is just as good for decent prices?! Check it out, kids: Panini Cafe, 9601 Santa Monica Blvd. South (Little Santa Monica), Beverly Hills, CA 90210, 310-247-8300.
---

I really want to blog about the fun times I had last night, but I'm sleepy. So wait for it... wait for it... (snore)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

omigod an honorable mention in your blog - is it your birthday or mine, because that feels like a present! tracey and i are going to have a lunch outing every other friday on payday, and i am going to drag you out with us. start brainstorming for this week!