Thursday, November 8, 2007

BLOG GAMES

Fine. I get it… I’ve been laggin’, but it’s better late than never…

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. (***I don’t get it? Just follow along… you’ll figure this out…)

B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

***

1. I was playing with a pair of scissors after school one day (in high school), and started cutting my hair while talking on the phone. Apparently, I wasn’t keepin’ my eye on the prize, and I fucked-up my ‘do. My parents thought I was a complete idiot that day, and they took me to my uncle’s house so that he could fix it in his garage. OK, embarrassing.

2. Like someone else had mentioned, I was busted for shoplifting at an AAFES store when I was 14 or 15 (Tin, you were def NOT 13… we were caught the same Summer! LOL!). It was a potentially big deal, but since my dad was already retired, I didn’t have to get called into a meeting, and I didn’t have my “day in court.” But I was cuffed, and pulled into a “back room,” and my dad and siblings were present. I know that dad was ashamed of me, and when I got home my mom was the livid one. I was banned from the BX for a year, but didn’t have to do community service. I shoplifted a bottle of hairspray after that incident (because I was dumb), but luckily I didn’t get caught… and I realized then that I didn’t get the same “high” I did when I previously did it. Oh well. That was the last time I ever “did it.” Lesson learned.

3. I am a self-diagnosed OCDer… and I live my life according to straight, clean lines. Everything has to be in order, or else I will go insane.

4. One of my weaknesses is French fries… Even if I’m stuffed to the point of hurling, I will stuff those fries into my mouth like my life was on the line if I didn’t.

5. I am mean-spirited, and have only come to realize that I’ve been so since I was a very young kid. I once believed that I was influenced by other potentially mean kids around me as I was growing up, but now that I’ve looked deep into my soul I’ve realized that it was me all along. (ie, When my siblings and I were young, we went to The Philippines. We were hanging out on the terrace/balcony of my grandparents’ house – which was over the patio. My grandmother was already experiencing bouts of senility then, and she was sitting on the couch in the patio. The floor of the terrace was made up of planks of hardwood, with slits in-between. I got my siblings and cousins to drop pokeno chips through the slits so that they’d fall on or near my grandma. She had no clue what was going on, and we laughed so hard. I remembered that incident when she passed, and I cried so hard. I am mean.)

6. I have surprisingly (and successfully) navigated people through the Hollywood hills/canyons NOT knowing exactly where I was going three times (twice sober, once extremely drunk). Each time I told the driver to take a certain turn, I’d look the other way and make faces as I pleaded with God to help us get out of the dark, scary canyons… ALIVE. Needless to say, God is GOOD!

***

I tag the following: Ate Cooks, Steveee, Jason, Arl & Crisa…

Be well, sweater monkeys.

2 comments:

Cookie Everman said...

You didn't follow the rules, cupcake. You just trusted that I check your blog every couple of days to see that you have tagged ME. But it's okay. I'll play your little game. Oh yes. I will.

Crisa said...

i'm an idiot. how do I play this game? can't you just keep doing what you're doing and entertain me?