Monday, March 31, 2008

FALLING OFF...

...the wagon is not good.

Basically, the Easter holiday brought an end to a semi-greuling 40-day/40-night fast against carbs, potatoes, and sweets (and, to a lesser extent, talking shit in the workplace - which none of us did 100%). Not that I've been maniacal since Lent ended, but I definitely have been more open to the consumption of "this-is-yum-now-but-will-hurt-me-later" foods. On Easter Sunday alone I totally ate like four dinner rolls in succession, and then had two more later on. The next day I went to Ralph's and totally picked-up cinnamon rolls from their bakery (big mistake, btw), and had at least three of them during the course of that day. I was pretty tame the rest of the week, but once the weekend hit I decided to make use of the coupons that were hanging on the fridge door.

This is what I engaged in this weekend:

Friday -- I used a KFC coupon; four (4) snacker sandwiches for $3.00. So I got the four mini-sandwiches and a small side of potato wedges.

Saturday -- I used an Arby's coupon; a crispy chicken fillet sandwich for $2.99, and I got a side of curly fries.

Sunday -- My roomie and I used a coupon at Hometown F*cking Buffet. DO NOT ASK WHY, but we did: purchase one dinner at regular price, and get a second adult dinner for $5.99 (after 4PM). Disgusting.

(There will be no photo, because that would be absolutely gross.)

Now--had sad was I?

On the upside, I worked-out both Saturday and Sunday... and I saw 21. I thought it was a good movie. I didn't read the book though, and only later learned that the main characters (on which the story was based) were actually Asian American. That being said, I later found out that people, on messageboards, are saying that changing the characters' ethnic make-up in the story was "racist." Ummm... As an Asian American I didn't find that move "racist." It was shitty, sure, but not "racist." Eh, that's a whole other topic that I don't care to get into, but yeah. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

So back to the original purpose of my post: falling off the wagon sucks. It's time to get back on track, kids. It's time to get back on track.

No comments: