Thursday, June 12, 2008

BRAVO, JOSE ANDRES!

I happened to flip on the tele (ahaha), and Bravo's A-List Awards is on. They just gave an award to Chef Jose Andres for "A-List Chef." How cool is that? Any foodie should know that Jose Andres is a big-name in the DC area's food culture. He owns some of the best restaurants in the DC area: Cafe Atlantico, Jaleo, Oyamel, minibar by Jose Andres, and -- tun-tun-tun!!! -- Zaytinya, which is one of my favorite spots back east. I have yet to make it to Cafe Atlantico, or minibar... but hopefully I'll get to check them out one of these days. I've been to Jaleo several times, and never did it disappoint. I went to Oyamel before I left DC, but that was when it was still in Crystal City. I have yet to swing through its new spot in the District. And I've had many a great experience at Zaytinya.

Chef Andres is also a collaborator on the up-and-coming SLS Hotel that is opening in place of the old La Meridien in Beverly Hills; another project with SBE (think Area, Hyde, Foxtail...). It's pretty cool that he's being recognized, and representing DC well. This reminds me that DC's foodie culture is definitely on the map. For those of you at 'home,' take advantage of it!

2 comments:

LAY-ah said...

hello, my jose andres friend! i realize that we tend to go to his spots whenever you're in town. Yet, neither of us have hit mini bar at CA. it has a like a month long wait... hmm. maybe we should make reservations?

Wen said...

do it, lady... i can totally stand to have both jose and todd as part of my labor day weekend :)