Friday, April 4, 2008

I AM AN "RDG"

I am a “real deal Gemini," and it shows.

My family and close friends all know this. Even my co-workers have come to know me as such. They all seem to know that I struggle with two sides of a coin when it comes to anything and everything. I see the good and bad in all things. I struggle between choosing what’s truly right from what’s truly wrong because, in hindsight, I am able to find both qualities in all things.

On the other side of the spectrum, my Gemini duality is manifested in scarier ways. I can be quiet, calm, and easy-going one moment, and then out-right irate, annoyed, and moody the next. There are times when I will want something so bad that I won’t rest until I have it, or there are instances where I can wait forever for something to either “come my way,” or “fall into my lap.” I’ve been known to throw tantrums, and scream at the top of my lungs when things don’t go my way. But I am also quite accommodating when it comes to accepting defeat, and taking each experience as it comes. I am easily influenced at times, but doubly influencing at others. I can be prone to forgiveness and/or vindictiveness at will. I laugh at the expense of others, yet my heart aches when people experience pain or sorrow. I am quite aloof and can have a “go with the flow” attitude when I want, but I can also be super demanding and high-maintenance as well. At times I love to be surrounded by people, but there are days when I just want to be alone.

I am a “real deal Gemini," and it shows.

My niece, whose birthday falls exactly two weeks after mine, is an “R(eal) D(eal) G(emini)” as well. At the times that I’ve seen her, I’ve experienced this phenomena first hand. It amuses me, yet equally scares me. I see a lot of myself in her, and through her I am able to see the intricacies of being me. Every lesson I learn through my niece, is a lesson learned about myself.

Blood runs much deeper than water.

Yes, even for an “RDG.”

1 comment:

Cookie Everman said...

My baby is going to be a Gemini... I will have to tuck this away for future reference. -- XO, Ate Cooks