Tuesday, February 19, 2008

THE WAR IS OVER...

...the dance war, that is. Yes, I'm talking about that super lame show Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann. Gosh that was such a lame show. When one of my friends came to town, we decided that it might be cool to attend a taping. Not so much. I mean it was kind of cool seeing the performances. But other than that, the show was just eh.

Even more eh is that fact that Team Bruno won. Clearly, if it were up to industry professionals, Team Carrie Ann would've probably won. Team Bruno's gang was lackluster. They only won because America felt sorry for them for losing to TCA twice in the beginning. Yay for the sympathy vote, right? Not so much.

The performers on TB definitely had some individual talent, but as a group they were just a mess. And that Lacey girl - I expected so much more from a sista! Her singing was ok (definitely one of the better voices), but she could not dance--which was disappointing. Not that TCA's kids were super great either. Again, individually they had their talents. The strong singers were definitely Mariel, Qis and Chris. The rest, eh. Elizabeth can pull of a dance in a 'dance team/poms' kind of way, but her singing was definitely too 90s teeny-bopper scratchy. Mariel can sing the shit outta those songs, but she was weak dancer. But as a group, they somehow worked. They reminded me of an updated version of The Party (you know ---the group that spawned from The Mickey Mouse Club back in the late 80s/early 90s). Not that the entertainment world needs another version of them. But yeah, that's exactly what they reminded me of.

I can't believe I even watched the finale last night. Good TV is now so hard to find.

(I can't believe I just wrote this.)

No comments: