Monday, January 28, 2008

HIGHS & LOWS

It's funny how for every 'high' point in your life comes a 'low' point. As you experience these 'highs & lows,' you come to grips with the mysteries of life. I had my share all in one day.

Saturday started off on such a high-note. I woke-up to bright and sunny skies, which was a nice respite from the gloomy/rainy day prior. To kick-off my list of errands, I dropped-off mail at the Post Office, then decided to go to
Zara on The Promenade. I was there the Tuesday night before, and I saw a jacket/coat that I had been eyeing since before the holidays. I just wasn't willing to shell out another $149 for it, esp. after just shelling out $129 for a different jacket/coat at the same store. So that Tuesday night I saw the jacket on-sale for $59.99. I was torn between getting it and not. I let it go for drinks and food instead. Go figure. So I decided that I'd check it out on Saturday, just for the hell of it. If it was still there, I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat. If not, then eh. Sure enough, it was still there. So without even blinking an eye, I took the coat and walked it over to the register. I was about to relish in my $59.99 + tax purchase. When it rang up, it did so for $34.99! Uh, SCORE! Me and that jacket were meant to be together. I felt so complete.

Needless to say, that high was immediately followed by a couple of lows. I ended up getting a new gym membership (long story which I do not want to re-call... ever), and later that evening the valet had locked the keys in my car --engine running. We called AAA to come and open my car, but they were taking too long. So I took a cab to my apartment, and back to the restaurant - seriously, a 5 minute trip back and forth. It cost me $15 + tip. When I got there, AAA decided to get there, too. Bastards. At least I still managed to have some sort of fun.

Next morning, I got up around 8:30AM (another long story), and decided to stay up to "participate" in the Mass that was coming on at 9:00AM on Channel 29. This would be the second Sunday in a row that I "attended" Mass via TV ---in my room. I know it's wrong, but I couldn't help it. At least I didn't lay-down on my bed during the homily this time. (HAHAHA) I seriously cannot make a habit of that.

No comments: