Wednesday, September 24, 2008

PLEASE PASS ME MY "MURSE"

I am a "man-bag" man.

I always have been a "man-bag" kind of guy. I think it started back in high school when I decided that I was over the Jansport backpack thing, and I went for the more in-style messenger bag. Ever since, the messenger has sort of become one of my trademarks. And I've had me some messenger bags through the years. My current bag was a birthday gift (or was it Christmas?) from one of my dear, old friends some years ago. It's a now-classic Jack Spade, and it has served me well.

But with the new fall air blowing in, I decided that this would be the year to put Jack to rest, and get a new murse. I went to Century City after work today with one goal in mind: to find the ultimate man-bag.

I totally got side-tracked and tried on a hot Diesel trench coat, which I came super-super close to getting. But with the new coats/jackets that I just got myself last winter, I figured that spending $300+ on a new coat would be a bit too pre-mature. I have too many things on my "to get" list for the season, and I wasn't ready to splurge right then and there. So instead, I walked back to the (man) bag section in Bloomingdale's, and gave one of the bags another look.

Moments later, I was walking out of the store with this:
Say "hello" to my new Tumi T-Tech Adventure Small Flap Body Bag...! I decided to go for a sportier messenger, and I was enamored by all of the pockets and compartments inside.

Out with the old; in with the new! (You gotta love Bloomie's for their $25-off --purchases of $100 or more-- coupons + a gift card that was tucked away for safe-keeping. HA!)

1 comment:

Yayson Bourne said...

nice pick-up. i retired my jack spade for a backpack. but i murse for my camera.