Tuesday, September 30, 2008

FRED SEGAL, YOU'RE MY FRIEND.

So this past weekend was the Fred Segal annual sale (at the Santa Monica store). I try to go each year and check out what's good. For the most part, the men's wear is usually full of that Hollywood-esque crap, which I cannot stand. I hate shirts and pants with funky embroidery, bling, and other weird things on them; definitely not worth spending money on. But each year I try to at least cop a good pair of jeans and a jacket. Two years ago I scored a pair of Rock & Republics for just under a hundred bucks (back before they embellished their "R" pocket logo), and also went home with a cool army-green jacket/blazer by Sixty.

This year, I rummaged through the sale items and almost came away with three pairs of jeans. But I had to scale back. I loved how this pair of True Religions fit, but the horseshoe was obnoxiously painted on the back-pocket. Annoying. That left me with two pairs of R&Rs. One of which I had to squeeze into a little. I gave up on those figuring that it still wasn't worth having to squeeze in and out of those buggers -- for 50% off. So I stuck with one pair, and was content. I went back the following day with my Godsis and Godbro, and between us we grabbed another two pairs of jeans (the Godbro got a pair of Trues and Sevens), a jacket, and three pairs of shoes (one for my Godsis, and two for their friends' kid).

All in all, FS' annual sale wasn't a complete wash. I got my jeans, and I am a happy camper.

2 comments:

Yayson Bourne said...

nice pick up again.

js said...

I'm so jealous you found stuff you love! I was surprisingly disappointed :( whahhh